Friday, October 30, 2015

Meet one of the students from Proyect: “Creciendo Juntos”, Sumpango

GLORIA MARISOL PATZÁN CHAJÓN

Age: 9 years old

INTERVIEW:

How do you feel at the school?
-          Happy, because they have taught me to read and write, and about God.

What have you learned?
-          To read and that I have to be obedient and to respect others, that I have value because I am a daughter of God.  Good manners and that I have to shower every day to be healthy.  To jump with the jump robe, math and to brush my teeth.

What other activities would you like to learn at the school?
-          To sing and to cut hair.

How does the teacher treat you?
-          Very nice, she is very caring.

Is there anything that you don’t like?
-          A girl hit me and said that I didn’t want to lend her school things.  I like everything else.

What would you say to the people who help this school?
Thank you very much for everything because without your help I wouldn’t be who I am and wouldn’t be able to read.  You are very good, I wish God bless you.

*************

        With the help of many friends and brothers in Christ, Breaking Cycles has been able to help the Project: Centro de Ayuda Integral para la Niñez “Creciendo Juntos”, in Sumpango from Busca a Dios Church.  This project is a school with 25 kids now, of ages between 3 and 14, their economic situation is very bad, and that is the main reason why parents don’t send them to a normal school.  This project provides them with the opportunity to have a different future, to fulfill their dreams and to have higher goals in life. They learn to read and write, math and science, moral orientation, teachings on hygiene and good habits, care for their teeth like brushing and application of Fluor, medical checkups, they have been treated for stomach worms and head lice, some needed recreation, a daily healthy snack to eat, and other benefits like donations of used clothes, shoes, toys, etc. along with pastoral loving care.

       If you would like to get involved, go ahead and contact us.   We have some great projects coming up and we want you to be part of it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment.